Please sign in to post.

Travel to Croatia

I was wondering if anybody traveled to this new exotic Country in Europe (Croatia).I am trying to book car rental but many Rental Companies have clause "may not be take to these Countries" and many times this Croatia is on that list.Can anybody tell me if you ever rented Car in Europe and drove over across border with such Rentals?
Thanks,
Brad M.

Posted by
1167 posts

When I went to Croatia a couple of years ago I picked up a car after I got there. Check this website for rental companies:
http://croatia.rentalcargroup.com/

Interestingly, I found the best rate through AAA here in the US. It was a Hertz car and I had no problems.

Posted by
3 posts

thanks,I did think about that too,the only problem is that my vacation plan starts in Germany-Holland-Italy and then Croatia.I was hoping to get a car immediately and that way be free of hassle later looking for a car.

Posted by
3112 posts

I rented from Budget in Ljubljana, Slovenia a few year ago and they permitted travel into Croatia at that time. Returned the car to Ljubljana. You could also call AutoEurope (located in Maine) and ask if they have cars available that meet your needs. AutoEurope has arrangements with several rental companies, and that could save you time searching for the right fit.

Posted by
3 posts

thanks,Frank.I am sure that if they let you go from Slovenia(european union) to Croatia,they will let me from any country in European union.