Please sign in to post.

Valencia

Is going to Valencia worth a day trip?

Posted by
56 posts

Two possible iteneraries.
One
I was planning on taking the train from Barcelona to Valencia then into Granada and then into Sevilla.

Two
Balcelona to Madrid, then Toledo, into Granada and into Seville.

Not sure which way to go.

Posted by
118 posts

Even though tourists visit Valencia, it doesn't feel like a tourist destination to me. My wife and I spent a week in that area last fall and we rented a car so we could stay in a beach town a few miles from Valencia. We did go into the city a few times. There is an amazing modern science project in the center of Valencia and if that is your interest, you could spend a half day or longer there. Much of the city feels new and spread out. I don't mean this to sound negative but the train ride along the coast from Barcelona might be the best part of the trip.

Posted by
172 posts

While on a day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat we asked the tour guide if he had any suggestions for where to go for a couple of days before we had to continue on to Madrid, Sevilla, Granada etc. and he told us to go to Valencia. It was beautiful! He told us to stay in the old part of town (by the train station) and he was sooo right! We wandered around the area for a couple of days, and to add to our experience we were there for Las Fallas, what a blast!!! The architecture is wonderful, this is a very well off city or at least it gives that impression. There is a Hop-On-Hop-Off bus tour just to give you an overview as well. Valencia is truly worth a day trip.