Please sign in to post.

shuttle service from CDG to Paris

Can anyone recommend a reliable shared shuttle service from CDG to Paris? The one that Rick recommends in the Paris guide book has gotten a lot of bad reviews. Thanks.

Posted by
11507 posts

Rhea , how many are there of you,, sometimes a cab is a good deal. Where in Paris are you staying, you know the RER takes you right into Paris for less then 9 euros .

Posted by
1358 posts

I agree with Pat. I would research public trans. before I would consider a shuttle. Last time I was there it was easy to catch a bus to the Metro line and on to my hotel.

Posted by
264 posts

Take the RER B into Paris from CDG. It's much quicker and more reliable, too.

Posted by
711 posts

Sometimes the shuttles are really good and sometimes they are really bad... but they are all more expensive now. We travel to Paris every year and Golden Air has turned out to be the worst. We just take a cab now. We are worth it.

Posted by
180 posts

I took Parishuttle and had no problem at all. I would recommend them.

I found them very easily at the airport and had booked them to return. I booked them about 1/2 earlier then recommended and I'm glad I did - I was the first pickup and we went to several other hotels.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the replies. There are 2 of us. It's our first time to Paris, we are renting an apartment in the 7th arrondissement near the St. Germain/Bac metro stop. We're leaning toward taking the RER-B and metro. Hopefully we won't be too jet-lagged to navigate public transportation, after traveling from California.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi Rhea,, a good compromise might be to take the RER into Paris( 8.9 euros each, so 17.80 euros) then get off at St Michel and just grab a taxi .. less then 10 euros most likely,, so you don't have to hassle with luggage , jet lag and two transfers on metro to get to that station(Bac). So, basically less then 30 euros to get to front door and less hassle.

Taking the metro would not be such a huge hassle, except as you pointed out, you will be very tired,, and you do have a very long flight .

Posted by
8700 posts

It sounds like your apartment is between the Saint-Germain-des-Pres and the Rue du Bac Metro stations. I would take the RER B to St-Michel Notre-Dame, walk through the connecting tunnels to the St-Michel Metro station, and take Metro line 4 to Saint-Germain-des-Pres. The fare is €8.40 (not €8.90). For a zoomable map of the Metro and RER systems, go here. For information on locating the RER stations at CDG, including photos, go to the Paris by Train site.