Please sign in to post.

Venice, Italy

I was in Venice 2 years ago, I visited three islands: Murano, Burano and Torcelli(a tour package). I would like to go back to Burano only. Any ideas how to get there?

Thanks, Danie

Posted by
6898 posts

Yep. You can get to both Murano and Burano on the vaporetto from the main islands. You may have to change vaporettos at Murano to complete the journey.

Posted by
668 posts

Walk over to F.te Nove pier on the north side of Venice and get a vaporetto to Burano. It will probably stop at Murano on teh way. I do not remember th number, but I think there ismore than one. Do not be sucked into taking a "tour". They will make you g to glass factories where they get a commission.

Posted by
3112 posts

You can get there by vaporetto. The trip is covered by the vaporetto pass or you can buy individual tickets. Don't recall whether there's a line with no change or if you must change at Murano - Faro stop. Catching the vaporetto at Fondamenta Nuova stop (near the hospital) will the shorten travel compared to catching one near St. Mark's Square.

Posted by
521 posts

It is a nice relaxing tour of the lagoon, but it does take about forty-five minutes to travel one way as Burano is quite a ways out. Absolutely worth it, though!