Please sign in to post.

Car rental Ireland

We are planning a trip to Ireland in May. I will be renting a car (I have driven in Ireland before) at the Dublin Airport for our two week travels through the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. After reviewing comments on this site and Trip Advisor, there doesn’t seem to be many positive comments about any of the Irish car rental companies. For those who have rented cars in Ireland, please comment pro/con about the various rental companies. Thanks

Posted by
1358 posts

I don't know any Irish auto agencies, but I have rented from sixt.com several times and recommend that agency. Look at their webpage.

If you read posts on this page, you will also see favorable comments from other travelers on this company.

Their rate usually is low. And the service received by me and other travelers has been positive.

Posted by
9369 posts

I always use Irish Car Rental (www.eirecar.com). Every time I have looked for rentals they have had the lowest price. And in my experience, automatics are readily available from them. They have a NY 800 number, and you will talk to a very friendly real person when you call.