Please sign in to post.

Venice: Airport to Hotel?

Hello!

I'll be taking the Rick Steves tour to Venice, Florence, and Italy in the coming months and was wondering about transportation from the airport to our hotel. My flight arrives in Venice just after 2pm and the tour starts at 4pm (a change of an hour earlier made after I already booked my plane tickets). What would be the fasted option to get from the airport to the hotel? I am not concerned with the cost, as, truthfully, I want to make sure I meet up with the tour group in plenty of time to enjoy my vacation. Thanks for your help! :)

Posted by
277 posts

Write the hotel via Email and inquire. There is a water taxi from the airport that will take into St. Marks and other destinations.

Posted by
2030 posts

The tour should send you info about getting from the Venice airport to the appropriate dock close to your hotel. You have the choice of a slower non-private boat ride, for a reasonable price, and a private taxi-boat -- more expensive, just like regular taxis are. You may have to splurge for this if pressed for time. You want to meet up with your tour group in time, the first meeting and going out on the town in Venice is fun!

Posted by
9 posts

Often not mentioned but quite quick (around 20 minutes to Piazzale Roma in Venice) is the bus from Marco Polo airport. The local number 5 bus in my experience is quicker than water transport if your hotel is in that part of town (the top of the Canale Grande, Stazione end). It may not be as romantic as the boat though.