Please sign in to post.

Easy Cruise ?

My wife and I are not big cruise fans, mostly because of the short time alowed in most ports. Noticed that Easy Cruise does much of it's actual cruising during the night hours and therefore allows much more time in the city's and wondering if the ships and accomodations are close to the normal cruise experience. Intertainment and food are not a high priority for us because we would much rather enjoy the local cusine and culture. I was particuarly interested in the Greek Island itinerary thay are currently featuring.

Posted by
101 posts

I would recommend that you go to a website called www.cruisecritic.com You will find everything you need to know about Easycruise, and more, over there. Just click on their boards forum and you have thousands of people posting questions and replying for every cruise line that is out there.
From what I understand, Easycruise is a no frills cruise line. You get a cabin and a bed but not much else but that is what keeps the cost down. But you will get far better answers on that cruise critic site. I think its the biggest cruising site out there.

Posted by
11507 posts

cruisecritics is great,, I have used it also, but cruisemates.com is also very good.

One warning,, on most cruise forums,,people tend to like the "real" cruise experience,, you know, shows, midnight buffets, swimming pools, skating rinks, etc, etc.. Easycruise is NOT that type of product. I have not been on one myself, but read somewhere not to think of them so much as a cruises but as a floating budget hotel that goes somewhere neat when you are sleeping! Sounds interesting to me.

PS I wold also google " Easy Cruise reviews" and read what comes up,, there are reveiws posted in many places out in cyber space..

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Cary,
Here's a link to a discussion about Easy Cruise on this site:

Easy Criuse

It sounds like a fun way to travel! You can also do a search on this site for other discussions about Easy Cruise.

Posted by
576 posts

We went on an Easy Cruise (Greek Islands and Bodrum, Turkey)in September 2008 and had a fabulous experience. It's really unlike former cruises we'd taken on Carnival, Disney and Royal Caribbean. On those, the focus was the ship and all of the activities. On Easy Cruise, it's all about the Greek Islands. Being there from about 10-11AM until the next morning gives so much time on each island. It was one of the most relaxing vacations we'd ever had. None of the constant busyness of traditional cruises. In most cases, the ship was docked extremely near the towns and we could easily return to the ship to rest or eat. The food was simple but very good, with several choices at every meal. Our cabin was simple and clean. There was nothing negative about our experience. The ship was very much a "Rick Steves" type of simple lodging, an easy, convenient way to travel from island to island while you sleep. We were able to enjoy our first trip to the Greek Islands without the hassles of figuring out ferry schedules or making hotel reservations. We would highly recommend Easy Cruise (as long as you can live without Bingo, midnight buffets and fancy shows). It's a great value in travel.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks everyone for the mostly positive feedback but other sites seem to suggest that because of the recent price increases and the required dining program Easy Cruise is not the value it used to be but we will give it consideration. The major thing that we like about Easy Cruise is the maximun amount of time that they allow in port. Does anyone know if other ships sailing the Greek islands and the Mediterranean allow full days, including evening times in individual ports?

Posted by
576 posts

Wow...prices sure have gone up on Easy Cruise. I just checked their website and for Sept. 09, the cost for two people in an inside stateroom will be $2,061. Last September we paid $558 (including the meal plan)for 2 people for 7 nights. That's a very substantial price increase. Much less a value now.