Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

I would like some help on choosing a hotel in Rome. I was looking at Rick Steves best of Europe and 2 hotels in Rome caught my interest. One is Casa San Giuseppe and the other is hotel Giardino. WE are a family of 4( two teenage boys).If anyone has some advice on these 2 hotels or others that would be great.....Thanks for your help..

Carol

Posted by
3112 posts

I've stayed at Hotel Giardino and liked it. The location is great and my room was nice. The room overlooked the busy street in front, but was fairly quiet as long as the windows were shut. If you're a light sleeper, you could request a room on the back side. The owner is English, so tea is available from about 4:00-5:00. I found myself returning to the hotel late afternoon to enjoy a snack and plan my evening activities.

Posted by
7209 posts

A family of 4 with 2 teenagers could find a lot more room for fewer euros by renting an apartment. We are also a family of 4 with 2 teenagers and this is the apartment we rented:

http://www.primitaly.it/appartamenti/casaparadiso/uk.htm

We've stayed in both hotels and apartments in Rome, and this particular apartment is huge, on 3 different levels so everybody can have their own "personal" space if needed. It was also by FAR cheaper than any comparable hotel.