Please sign in to post.

Flying to Europe

I have been looking at 1-800 FlyEurope for a few months, along with dozens of other sites. They do seem to have the lowest prices. My sister and I are heading to Europe in May 2009. Our first time to visit. Any recommendations on how to get the best deals or when to buy? Any concerns with 1-800 Fly Europe? Are they legit?

Posted by
1167 posts

I would say that if you find a good deal you should buy now. If you use a credit card there should be no worries about the seller being legit. Use the confirmation number they give you to check with the airline to be sure the ticket has been purchased. If this has not been done within a few days and the seller will not fix it immediately simply contact the credit card company and have the charge cancelled.

Posted by
3551 posts

I used www.cheaptickets.com for SFO-Frankfurt-SFO for July 2008 travel. xcellent fare that I purchased in April 2008. However realize that some destinations are cheaper to fly to ie. Frankfurt & Zurich. Some like Paris, Milan, Rome etc are expensive. check with farecompare and kayak.com for guidelines. In general I would buy by Feb. if you find a fare that works for you. If you have flexiblility with May dates and arriving /departing airports you can wait longer.