Please sign in to post.

London in 5 hours

I'm passing through London on my way to Doncaster in a few weeks. I'm landing at Heathrow at 8am and need to be on the train to Doncaster at Kings Cross around 3. What are you suggestions for what I should check out in that time? I was thinking of storing my luggage at one of the rail stations. Is it better to just take it straight to Kings Cross and then head out to check out the town?

Any and all suggestions welcome!!

Posted by
8700 posts

I suggest that you travel by Tube (Piccadilly line) directly from LHR to King's Cross/St Pancras and store your luggage at King's Cross. The ride will take about an hour. If you're a museum person, go to the National Gallery for art or the British Museum for antiquities. If the weather is decent, walk between Trafalgar Square and Westminster.

For a zoomable two-page map that shows Tube routes on one side and central London bus routes with the locations of major tourist attractions on the other side, go here.

Posted by
3112 posts

Trafalger Square, National Gallery, Portrait Gallery, Westminster Abbey, Parliment/Big Ben and Buckingham Palace are all in close proximity. That would be a great area to focus on with only 5 hours of sightseeing time. St. Martins in the Field, which is right on Trafalger Square, has a great cafeteria in the basement (entrance on right side) - good place for lunch.