Please sign in to post.

Train Tickets in Spain

Will be flying to Madrid and then taking the train to Seville. Would it be best to buy the ticket in the US before I leave or wait until I arrive at the train station in Madrid? US air is not always on time and if the flight is late will they let you change the Rail ticket without additional cost.

Thanks

Posted by
23305 posts

We are flying into Madrid on Dec 27 and working our way south via train to fly home from Malage. We will buy our tickets as we need them each day. Sorry you are having to fly on US Air.

Posted by
3250 posts

I agree that buying them as you need them should work fine. One trip we tried to buy train tickets from Barcelona to Madrid for a Monday--it was a major holiday week-end in Spain and seats weren't available for the day that we planned to travel. We flexed our schedule and went the next day. I'd check a calendar of Spanish holidays to see if your travel plans are on one of those days--chances are not, but just in case. Have a great trip!

Posted by
678 posts

I travelled throughout southern Spain last summer and had absolutely no trouble buying train tickets for myself and two family members directly at the station on the day needed. For shorter hops also consider taking the bus. It can be cheaper and there may be more availablitly.