Please sign in to post.

Car Rental France

Last time we went to Europe we leased a car thru Auto Europe. We had a GREAT experience. This time we need to rent a car for a short period. Has any one had any good or bad experiences with Sixt Rental Car Company?

Posted by
3551 posts

My bad experience was with Europcar rental. Autoeurope has always served me well with great rates.Sixt is super budget but I prefer NOT to take chances, it always bites back in the end.

Posted by
194 posts

We had a good rental experience with Sixt in Vienna. I was vacationing with my parents about four years ago, and we rented a Euro version of a Ford Focus 4-door hatchback for about 10 days. I honestly don't know how much my parents paid, but I'm sure it was a good deal, and everything worked well with Sixt--easy to pick up and drop off, and no hidden fees.

Posted by
1358 posts

My experience with Sixt has always been encouraging. As you can read on this page, the experience with any rental agency varies greatly by location. I will continue to use Sixt until I have reason to change.

Posted by
365 posts

Peter, we rented a car for two weeks out of Avignon this last summer. No problems whatsoever. Lowest price of all the rental agencies we researched for a VW Passat wagon, and it had AT and a GPS for no extra charge. It was most unusual.

Posted by
6 posts

Does any any one have any updates on using SIXT for a car rental? Good or bad? We are driving thru France in March 2009? Thanks!