Please sign in to post.

Upgrade an airline seat

We are leaving tomorrow for our European honeymoon trip. Wew have coach seats and we want to upgrade them,; but, we don't know what to ask or say. Would you please help us, give us advise.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

Posted by
5678 posts

Call the airline directly and ask about your options. At this late stage they may be limited, but I hope you get lucky.

Posted by
180 posts

I would mention it to the agent at the gate that you are going on your honeymoon and is there anyway to fly in an upgraded seat to celebrate. If there is room sometimes the gate agents may upgrade.

I knew a couple who were flying to another state to pick up their adopted daughter. On the return trip they just happened to mention to the agent about picking up their daughter and the agent on her own said then this little girl needs to fly first class to her new home

Posted by
964 posts

When I flew trans-atlantic with United Airlines a couple of years ago, I wanted to upgrade and was advised to go to the Customer Service desk. I told them why I was travelling to the US (which was for a funeral) and they were really helpful and gave me a very reasonable price. I would imagine if you told them it's your honeymoon, they would do the same.
I do realise that it may differ from one airline to another; also I was flying out of London, not out of the US, but I think most airlines would be happy to get help.
Good luck and have a wonderful life!