Please sign in to post.

motorcycle rental

My wife and I will be in Florence for 4 days in Oct. Does anybody know if it's possible to rent a motorcycle for a day or two. Something at least 1000cc.

Posted by
522 posts

I haven't done this (though I've thought about it), but it seems the obvious thing to do would be to google "motorcycle rental florence". Have you tried that?

Posted by
5 posts

Depending on the brand you have several options. One company that rents multiple brands in Florence is AdMo Tours, http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/europe/italy/florence_rental.html.

A good website for Euro riding tips, advice, roads, etc. is http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php. Just go to the Europe section.
My wife and I are going in September to ride the Alps and Dolomites for 2 weeks so I've done lots of research. Let me know if you need more info.

Posted by
2207 posts

Frank - I need to clarify that answer as I was responding to a question about renting a scooter.

If you are a US licensed motorcycle rider AND you have your IDP certified that you are thus "motorcycle" licensed, you can use that IDP as your temporary motorcycle license (for one year) in Italy! You must STILL carry your valid US motorcycle license when driving or renting.

For non-motorcycle certified drivers... the rules I spoke to still apply. Unless you have a certified IDP, or Italian motorcycle license, you can only drive up to a 125cc bike. Wish I knew that before I came as I would have gone and tested for a motorcycle license!

Sorry for the confusion but I find most folks renting scooters do not have an IDP, and certainly not a motorcycle certified IDP!

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks so much for the information. The Harley sounds nice, even though I'm a Goldwing fan. We'll have to check it out when we get there. Thanks again

Posted by
144 posts

Good luck riding a motorcycle in Italy. I did not want to even drive a car.

Posted by
522 posts

If you're flying in and out of Florence (or somewhere nearby), the following suggestion probably won't help. But if you're coming from another country, say France, there is a motorcycle rental company in St. Remy (Provence) that rents both solos and sidecar bikes. Moto Provencal is the name.

No Harleys though, sorry.