Please sign in to post.

Rental Car Companies

We've been doing a lot of price comparisons (or trying to) between rental car companies. What does anyone think of 30M? They seem to come in cheaper than the others. Although, they won't give quotes over e-mail and I find it difficult to get all of the information I need on the vehicle before they're wanting you to book it online. And they don't give many details about the car. I can't tell them how many drivers there will be, what countries we're visiting, etc., so I don't know what additional fees will be included.

I've read some good things about this company, but I don't want to book a car and then have a lot of "surprise" fees when I actually go to pay for it.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by
313 posts

Sorry, Melissa, I don't know about 30M, but in case you're a Costco member, you should look at using their discounts. Last year the cheapest car rental for a week in France for us was with Avis, using the Costco rates. Second driver is always free, no drop charge for picking up in Versailles and leaving in Nice, etc. We compared with all the European companies at the time, although for our trip this fall we'll do the comparisons again.

Just something to check out -- the deals aren't always where you expect them.

Posted by
9363 posts

Where are you planning on going and when? If you can't get good information about what you are getting or what other fees there might be, I wouldn't be very trusting of them "coming in cheaper".

Posted by
10344 posts

I don't recall this company name coming up on the Helpline in the last year or so. Let's see if others here have had dealings with them? II'd be cautious about providing a credit card number before you get the kind of authentification and verification of details that you'd expect from a rental car company.

Posted by
525 posts

Try 1car1 car rental agency with an office in New York. Some occasions ETBD uses them. We rented through them for our England/Wales trip. It was quite reasonable for the 17 days we had the car. The second driver was free. The CDW only goes down to $250 for an extra $20 or ? but we took it rather than be responsible for the $500.00 deductible for any damage to the car.
They did not offer zero deductible. I was very pleased with the service I received.
b