Please sign in to post.

Transportation From Madrid Airport

My daughter and 2 friends need to get from the Madrid airport to the Madrid Atocha train station. They will have a lot of luggage. What is the best way to get there without spending a bundle but with the least hassle?
Thanks for your help!

Posted by
23447 posts

Probably the subway but it will require one change -- I think from memory -- will check the route. Lots of luggage and three people will not fit in one cab. I suppose it is silly to ask why they would have a lot of luggage But it is three girls.

Posted by
4555 posts

With luggage, your best bet is the Aerocity shuttle, which should charge 21 Euro per person, and they guarantee three stops or fewer to your destination. They can be booked in advance at http://www.aerocity.com/english/index.asp . The second best option would be a taxi, 30-35 Euro, but they may end up having to hold a suitcase or two on their laps. Avoid the Metro....two changes to get to Atocha station, with a fair number of stairs. I guess the next question is......is so much luggage necessary? ;)

Posted by
5 posts

Not sure how much luggage, they are spending the semester in Seville.

Posted by
1178 posts

I would recomment the shuttle referenced above...the subway might be good, depending on the time of day, etc., but not with luggage! Steps to negotiate...