Please sign in to post.

Train Travel in Eastern Europe

I have not travelled in this part of Europe before, but am planning a trip in September/October and am wondering if the following is possible/easy/difficult by train connections - Berlin to Prague to Krakow to Budapest to Vienna. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
1556 posts

Berlin to Prague is pretty easy as is Budapest to Vienna (about 3 hrs). I'm not sure about the Prague to Krakow - i.e. if there is a direct train. I believe there is at least one direct train between Krakow and Buda - check out the schedules on www.bahn.de for futher details.

Posted by
12040 posts

Going in the opposite direction, from Krakow to Prague, there is one train change, at Katowice. Can't comment on the other direction, but I would assume its the same.

Posted by
119 posts

We did those cities plus others in 2006. We flew very cheaply on Easy Jet from Berlin to Krakow. From there we flew Malev to Budapest. Then we took the train to Vienna.

Posted by
19 posts

There was definately a direct train from Krakow to Prague in April this year, it takes about 7 hours.