Please sign in to post.

CDW Ireland

Can anyone speak knowledgeably about this? Do I need it? My credit card does not include insurance in Ireland. My insurance company does not insure in Ireland. Any other coverage needed?

How much should you pay per day? Thanks.

Posted by
389 posts

Hey Frank, I made reservations in Dublin for 5 days with Enterprise and noticed that all was included: "Total Charges include Damage Waiver including Theft Protection, Third Party Liability, Road Fund Licence and VAT" We are driving a mini mini van and paying € 243 for the 5 days for that price. Since I've been informed by my insurance agent and my credit card that they don't cover Ireland I had intended to get something. This made it easier.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes, it is very advisable to have the coverage in Ireland, especially since driving is on the left and the roads are extremely narrow. Check AutoEurope's website. They give a 'basic' rate and an 'all inclusive' (insuranced) rate. For a 3 day rental, it will cost only an extra $40 to $50 to be insured.

Posted by
7448 posts

As I recall, it was expected you provide some type of insurance in order to rent, which usually means buying theirs. There may be private carriers that will provide a policy...don't know much about them though.