Please sign in to post.

Paris to Munich night train

I'm booked on the Paris to Munich night train. The train leaves at 21:45, how early should I arrive at the station?

Posted by
10344 posts

We just had that question yesterday and the consensus of 7 replies was about 30 minutes ahead of departure time; but read all the replies: click here for 7 replies

Posted by
95 posts

Terry,
I posted also on the link that Kent put in, but I can tell you I rode that same train about 2 weeks ago. I don't think they announced the track until about 21:30-35.

Also, if you are hoping to pick up a pastry, snacks etc, in Gare de L'est, be advised that many of the places were shutting down well before the train departed. I think most did at 21:00 but some seemed to be clearing out a little earlier than that. We also stored our luggage at Gare de L'est for the day of departure and they didn't have individual lockers that we could find. They run your bag thru an airport type screener and then carry it off to the storage. You have to have everything in your luggage bag, no loose articles like you could do with an individual locker (which was a pain for us).

Posted by
8 posts

Micheal, thanks for info. This is just what I needed to know. We will also be storing our bags at the station during for the day. Are there any recommended restaurants in the area? This will be our first night train experience, so I'm trying to get as much as info as possible.

Posted by
95 posts

When you walking in the main entrance of the station, take a right and then you will go down the escalators to the lower level for the baggage station. It's kind of back in the corner. 5 Euros per bag if i remember correctly.
We did not eat at a restaurant near the station as we didn't know a whole lot about that area so can't make any recommendations. There are a lot of easy metro connections to Gare de L'est so we were hanging out in another part of the city prior to departure.