Please sign in to post.

D-Day Beaches

My daughter and I will be in Paris the first week of July and would like suggestions on the cheapest way to visit this area and maybe an overnight trip to include Mont St Michel

Posted by
10344 posts

Cynthia: It's a good question and the answers we give here can be found by using the search box upper right, search on these phrases:D-DayMont St Michel (experiment with whether you get better results enclosing this phrase in quotes)MontNormandyThere have been a hundred discussions of this in the last year and I don't think any of us can add anything new to what's been said before.And then if you have follow up questions please write back and we'll try to help.Rick also covers both topics in his book France 2008.

Posted by
180 posts

I took a train from Paris to Bayeux (direct train, only one stop in Caen) and stayed there for 3 nights. I then booked a tour with Battlebus (which I had booked the 2 day one) but went on the American Experience day tour. It was excellent.

The Hotel Churchill in Bayeux is very nice and now offers for a fee- transportation to Mont St Michel for the day (check out their website for more details).