Please sign in to post.

Parking in Paris

I have a rental car for two weeks with our 5 day visit to Paris (near Rue Cler) in the middle. What should I do with my rental car while in Paris? The hotel does not have any parking? I looked into dropping off the rental at the beginning of my stay and getting another at the end but the two - one way rentals was literally twice as expensive ($1000 more). Parking has to be cheaper. Any advice would be appreciated. Would parking at an airport and taxiing in make sense? Is there enough safe and available parking in the city to make that a better alternative?

Posted by
3313 posts

There are parking garages throughout the city. There is a large underground one near the Invalides, which is walking distance from Rue Cler. Parking at CDG and training in isn't a bad idea if you would be saving $1000 in the process. That way you wouldn't have to worry about driving in Paris.

Posted by
3313 posts

There are parking garages throughout the city. There is a large underground one near the Invalides, which is walking distance from Rue Cler. Parking at CDG and training in isn't a bad idea if you would be saving $1000 in the process. That way you wouldn't have to worry about driving in Paris.

Posted by
10344 posts

Darryl: If you are going to have to drive into Paris in order to park your car, you would probably be glad, later on, if you went to the trouble of getting a GPS and entering into it the location of a specific parking garage that you select in advance. It will reduce the level of frustration and save time, and the GPS will be useful for the rest of the trip.