Please sign in to post.

Connecting flights at CDG

We're planning a late-fall trip to Italy, flying out of San Francisco, and we're considering Air France. Flying from SFO to Venice, there's 70 minutes to make the connecting flight at CDG; returning from Rome via CDG, there's only 45 minutes to make the San Francisco-bound flight. Are these times realistic?

Posted by
448 posts

Bags are checked to final destination so that's not a problem...seems like the only question would be..will the flight from Rome leave on time????

Posted by
506 posts

The return connecting times seem very close - and I would wonder as the other post suggests that departure from Rome is suspect. Delays day in day out are very common.

Posted by
208 posts

I have only had a flight once out of Rome and it was an hour late leaving so I missed my connection in Milan. From what I heard while I was in the airport this is not uncommon. Is there an earlier flight out of Rome?

Posted by
2 posts

Regina, Jona and Cristina, thanks very much for your replies! There's only one early-morning Air France flight from Rome that arrives (or at least is scheduled to arrive) in time to connect with the San Francisco-bound flight, and there's only one CDG-SFO flight per day on Air France. From your feedback, it sounds like there's a real risk of the Rome flight arriving too late - and even if the flight from Rome arrived on schedule, 45 minutes seems like a short amount of time to get through any security/passport control checks and reach the second flight's gate. It just sounds a bit too "iffy" - I'll look into other options. Thanks again!