Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Florence?

I am heading to Florence with my husband at the beginning of July, for two nights. We would like to stay in an true Italian hotel...we wouldn't mind AC...we want a middle range cost. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by
10344 posts

We can give better advice if you tell us what you mean by "middle range", such as not more than x dollars or euros per night. So that we're not guessing what you mean.To sleep in July in Florence, you probably want AC as a requirement rather than just a preference.

Posted by
239 posts

Hi Liz--You might get more responses if you post this question on the "To the Boot" board.

Posted by
811 posts

Hi, Liz,

Last year we stayed at the Hotel Davanzati in Florence (Rick's pick) and LOVED it. Info can be found at http://www.hoteldavanzati.it/

We're (fairly) budget travelers, and paid 165 euro/night. Having just gotten back from Croatia this seems awfully high, but I'm sure we booked it because it was reasonable for the area (can't remember). I'm sure you could find a hotel for less (or more), but it was a beautiful little hotel in a great location and, in our opinion, worth it!

There was also a restaurant called Bussolo downstairs (and about 1/2 block up the street to the left) where I had the best lasagne of my life.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
32201 posts

Liz, I stayed at Hotel Aldobrandini in Florence, and would certainly recommend it! It's within easy walking distance of Firenze S.M.N. station (although it took me a few minutes to locate the Hotel when I first arrived there).

Good luck!

Posted by
12172 posts

I'm not fond of lodging in Florence. It's some of the most expensive and least satisfying (and I'm not picky) in Italy. I would have chalked it up to just picking the wrong place but everyone we talked to in town was saying the same thing.

If I go back, I'll look for a place further out that has good public transportation into downtown.