Please sign in to post.

Rail travel

Help! I am so confused about the best way to get my tickets in Europe. The mor einformation I get, the more confusing it becomes. I am going to be staying in Strasbourg France for one month and will have the opportunity to travel wherever I want on the weekends. I need to be able to go to Belgium for sure becasue that is where I am flying into and out of. I am interested in going to Rome, if I can. Does anybody have any suggestions? Oh and I of course want to see the rest of France, too.

Posted by
2779 posts

Sarah, for your trip to Rome check www.ryanair.com from Karlsruhe/Baden Baden to Rome. Flights from €9 one way plus tax. Karlsruhe/Baden Baden airport is about half an hour from Strasbourg on the German side. Also make sure you spend a weekend in Freiburg and the black forrest (also less then an hour from Strasbourg). Spend another weekend in Europapark (45mins from Strasbourg), one of Europe's best theme parks (much better than Disneyland Paris). For your trip to Paris take TGV Est (train). For train connections from Brussels to Strasbourg check www.bahn.de. There are direct EuroCities as well as TGV connections via Paris. Oh, and for your weekends also check easyjet.com from Basel/Mulhouse airport, which is also just over an hour from Strasbourg.