Please sign in to post.

Thrifty Car Rental

I found a really good rate through our corporate travel site (the site they have available for the private non-corporate use), and they have a great rate for 9 days for a minivan. I have never used them before so want to hear any feedback anyone has. I was leaning towards Sixt but this rate is hundred cheaper. Thanks!

Posted by
3313 posts

Yeesh. I haven't seen many Thrifty rental offices in Europe. Do they contract through another company? I would want to know if there enough offices to ibtain a replacement car if something goes wrong with the original one.

Posted by
9363 posts

I'm with Doug on this one. I haven't seen Thrifty around Europe, either. And Sixt is everywhere.

Posted by
354 posts

I have used Thrifty rental cars in four different countries. Thrifty's weekly rate was always the lowest among the major companies; their cars were in fairly good shape; and the employees were well-trained. However, none of the rental offices were in a convenient location, which I suppose was how they kept prices low. Getting my car and dropping it back off always involved extra work. I would get the address of the rental office and find it on a map before committing to Thrifty.

Posted by
671 posts

Thanks! It looks like it's about 15 KM from the Frankfurt airport, and there are only about 4 of them (all near airports) in all of Germany. I wonder if I could use the price to see if another agency can match it or come close? It's less in dollars than most other agencies are in Euros.

Posted by
3313 posts

Cate - Yes, you can. Call Autoeurope's 800 number in Maine and ask them to compete. They will do their best.