Please sign in to post.

Rental Cars in Ireland.

Hey... I am 24 and need to rent a car to drive my parents and younger sister around in Ireland in May. A lot of companies don't allow drivers under 25 in Ireland, and I've heard stories of other companies that really try to rip you off. Does anyone have tips on which company has worked well for them in the past?

Posted by
9363 posts

I have always used Irish Car Rentals (www.eirecar.com) but I don't know their policy on under 25 drivers. If age is a problem, why not have your parents rent the car with you as a driver? It might cost more for a second driver (one of them would have to be the primary driver), but at least you could rent.

Posted by
8700 posts

A quote from autoeurope.com regarding car rental in Ireland: "To rent a car, you must be at least 21 years old (age may vary by car category) and have held your license for 2 years. Drivers age 23 and under and over the age of 70 may incur an additional fee locally."

I strongly recommend AutoEurope. It's a consolidator that finds you the best rate from among the companies with which it has contracts. You can book online, but calling the US toll-free number might get you a special deal that doesn't appear on the Web site.