Please sign in to post.

Carry On

I am connecting in Amsterdam from Northwest to KLM. They have different carry-on rules. NW will let me take a small daypack and my purse. KLM says on it's website they limit you to one or the other, ie, just one carry-on. Has anyone had experience with this-am I safe to try taking both the daypack and purse on board KLM?

Posted by
56 posts

Hi Laurie
Can you squish your purse inside your daypack for the KLM boarding portion?
Maybe empty it so it lays flater & rearrange your purse contents in the day pack so everything fits (?)

ugh it is kinda hard to go light on flts isn't it?! Every airline has different specs . . .

Posted by
10344 posts

Laurie: If they say one on their website and you show up with two, you face the chance that they will follow their rule and make you check one, in which case you will have no choice but to comply. Tuscany offers a good solution.

Posted by
1568 posts

When we flew to Amsterdam, Northwest was actually KLM. We each carried onboard the Rick Steves' 21" Roll Aboard AND a day back pack. All were within the weight limits.

Check and make sure your flight to Amsterdam is actually a KLM flight as they are partners.

Posted by
769 posts

The purse/laptop-bag/briefcase should be the "personal item" and the carry on the regular regulation size. If you can stick the purse inside that will be fine - but make sure they are not both large. I try to take a small dayback as my own personal item and the RS bag as the regular carry on. Dont take a giant hand bag and then say its a purse if you also have a day pack. Also - checking in early may help!