Please sign in to post.

Public Transportation from Heathrow to Farnham

Considering my son will be traveling with two large musical instrument cases (large drum size) plus his backpack, what would be the best way to get from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Farnham, England. I have done a search on Google Maps which came up with a bus from Terminal 5 to Woking and then a train from Woking to Farnham. He is also considering a taxi because of the bulkiness of his instrument cases. He realizes this would be very expensive. Are there any other options? I was hoping there would be a train that would take him directly to Farhnam from Terminal 5, however, I think the trains go into London first. Would another option be pre-arranging for a car and driver? Thanks for any info.

Posted by
16895 posts

It's true that Heathrow is at the end of a train line that only goes toward London and I did not find any convenient buses through National Express. I'd say that he should follow that plan of the bus to Woking, then train to Farnham; that's the same result shown through DB train schedules. The nice part is that it runs every half hour. Bus drivers picking up at the airport are used to people with a lot of luggage.

Posted by
33558 posts

I'd go with a pre-booked car service. Possibly cheapest, certainly most convenient and lots less than a taxi.