Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotels

looking for Hotel suggestions for a 2 nite stay in Venice this september.

Posted by
99 posts

I booked the Hotel Casa Verardo Residenza d"Epoca in Venice based on the Tripadvisor feedback. It has an additional add on hotel called Casa Kirsch. It is expensive at 249.00 Euro but a fabulous location and we are only staying one night.

Posted by
552 posts

How did you get a TripAdvisor favorite in a great location in Venice for only one night?

I'm running into a lot of "3 night minimum" for that kind of thing in September.

Posted by
99 posts

Bill, I did book directly with the hotel, maybe this is the reason I was able to book only one night. This is my first trip to Europe and I have relied on this site, Rick Steves books and TripAdvisor.....I did not even realize that one night was not do-able. They were happy to book my single night...thank goodness.

Posted by
711 posts

We love the Hotel Campiello. Not cheap, but not much is in Venice. Why do we like it? Great location, discount for Steves' readers if mentioned at the time of booking, wonderful breakfast, a computer for your use, AC if going in the hot months, elevator. We are photographers and we stayed there 9 nights.It is on a very quiet calle off the main street where you get the boats to everywhere. We went to Burano, and many other places quickly and easily. Close to St Marks and great food.

Posted by
3 posts

I was also faces with this overwhelming decision of choosing hotels for our first European visit to Venice. I chose the Hotel al Leon for our October 2 night stay. www.hotelalleon.com It made sense after the great feedback, location, RS recommendation, rate and rave reviews on the hotel's charming and helpful staff. Good luck with your decision and make sure to read the RS Travel book on Italy.

Posted by
53 posts

We stayed 2 nights at Casa del Melograno and loved it. Reasonably priced and great location.