Please sign in to post.

Vueling airline

I've just been told that Vueling doesn't take credit cars issued from outside of their country (like where I am in USA). I remember reading here that someone HAD done this. Any ideas on how I can get around this problem? I'm afraid to wait until the last minute and not be able to fly. TY

Posted by
1003 posts

I booked last summer on Vueling's site with my US Visa and had no problem. Have you tried doing it or maybe it says something on the airline's website?

Posted by
11507 posts

I did this about two months ago. It was tricky as website kept rejecting my card, but it eventually went through after me trying for a few days,, and I got the ticket so don't give up.

Posted by
127 posts

Pat, you were lucky! I finally gave up after multiple tries on multiple days w/multiple cards, PLUS the phone call. I got the same result that Barbara did. Yes, this has been addressed before...but I finally got my tickets through www.wegolo.com. There's a 7 euro per tkt fee, but at least I got the flights I needed.

Posted by
34 posts

Thanks, you guys! I gave up on Vueling and reserved w/ EasyJet...think it ended up costing me a few more bucks, but in the big picture, what's a few more?!? A wegolo representative said they will also look into it because it's not too wise for Vueling to alienate those of us who can afford to visit over there. I appreciate the rapid responses.

Posted by
11507 posts

So Barbara you booked through wegolow or with EasyJet direct??

I have a feeling Vueling could care less about the North American tourists, it is a Spanish airline and I am sure well used locally ( by mostly other europeons, since they apparently have survived for years without Americans or Canadians being able to use their CCs easily on their sites)

I do think it is stupid though.

Posted by
127 posts

Well, forget what I said about wegolo.com. I tried to book 2 more tkts w/them on the same Vueling flight w/the same MC I used before & Vueling rejected it. Now I'm really stuck, as we're a group traveling together & these other 2 need to be on our flight, as none of the other airlines fly FCO-CDG at anywhere near the same time. Yikes!

Posted by
37 posts

I booked with Vueling online last week and had no trouble using my visa debit card number. It took without a problem and the money has been deducted from my account already.

Posted by
127 posts

If anyone's still trying to use Vueling after all this, let me give you the final chapter. I finally called the Barcelona office again...& this time a very helpful young man took my CC over the phone, even had all the passenger info from the 'failed' online try, gave seat assignments, & the whole thing was done in a couple of minutes. Note to self: get all your ducks (passengers) in a row before you make the initial reservation!!! ;-)

Posted by
38 posts

I booked airling tickets with Vueling for this summer from here in the USA, used my VISA card, no problem.