Please sign in to post.

Shuttle from CDG to Paris

We would like to use a shuttle from CDG to Paris. I have found 1)Paris Shuttle, 2)Golden-Air, and 3)Airport Connections. Has anyone used these before or have any others. Thanks, Tom

Posted by
239 posts

Hi Tom--We've used Golden Air and were happy with their service. We got the Rick Steves' discount for mentioning that we had heard of them from his book: 17 euro a person. It was an incredibly convenient way to get into the city.

Posted by
46 posts

Dear Tom:

I've used Golden Air before and like Elizabeth, we received the Rick Steves discount and were happy with their service. On our second trip to Paris, we were more adventuresome and took the RER train into the city - it was easy, probably faster, and much cheaper than a shuttle would have been. Depending on where you are going in Paris, how much luggage you have, how many are in your party, and how long you've been flying when you get to CDG, I'd recommend looking into taking the RER.

Posted by
59 posts

We have used the Air France Shuttle to the Arc de Triomphe with a short walk to a Metro connection hotel stop. Easy.

One problem, and out fault..I asked for deux billets pour l'arc de triomphe.(Pardon my pretend French) I got 2 round trip tickets. Make sure you indicate one-way if that is what you want. We had a very early Sunday morning flight back home and had to take a shuttle arranged by our hotel so 2 one way AF Shuttle tickets($)were wasted.

Speaking of shuttles, coming home, keep in mind that a private shuttle may stop to pick up other passengers along the way. Give yourself tons of extra time. We found that the extra time routing around several hotels in Paris after our stop put us a little too chose to departute time when we got to GDC.
Bon Voyage

Posted by
10 posts

Tom I have used Golden Air and found them stellar. I was in Paris in 2006 and had to get a cab to the airport from Paris and it cost me 60 Euro so do not take a cab. I have also used the RER and metro to get into Paris and it is a breeze, I just don't like to cut it short leaving for the airport. If you have more than the one light bag you probably don't want to be dragging it through the train system.

Posted by
157 posts

Another vote for Golden Air. Used them last July with zero complaints.

Just a note on the Metro, all those steps can really be a pain with luggage.

Posted by
1307 posts

Hi Tom -- A friend and I used Airport Connection a couple of summers ago. We were going from CDG directly to Rouen and wanted to keep it simple so we had them take us to Gare St. Lazare rather than navigating the metro after no sleep on the planes from the west coast.

As I recall, I made the reservation on their website with a credit card but then we paid the driver in cash. We did have to wait a while at the airport while the driver was trying to locate a couple of other passengers, but the process was pretty smooth and we were glad to have the direct transportation.