Please sign in to post.

Plane from Paris to Rome

Hi everyone,

I am planning on flying from Paris (CDG) to Rome (FCO) on May 9, leaving at 8:00am and arriving at 10:00am. I am trying to book a flight through Vueling arlines but got rejected. Wegolo.com sent me an email stating the issue could be that Vueling does not accept credit cards outside the european community. How do I get around this so I can get a reservation.

Plan B is to get an earlier and more expensive flight (leave Paris ORY at 7:10, arriving at Rome CIA at 9:05). My concern is what time should be at the airport and how long does it take to get there. I am staying close to the Ecole Militaire train stop at the Eiffel tower.

Thanks...

Posted by
99 posts

I have just recently booked a flight from Paris to Rome on Vueling. I booked a flight on June 8th. I did have some problems entering my credit card (it continued to be declined) unitl I tried a mastercard instead of my visa/Debit, that went through just fine. Two days later my visa/Debit was declined at a merchant. When I called my bank they said that they had put my CC on hold until they could verify the charges. They stated that Vueling (and other intra europe airlines)had issues with CC abuse. Maybe you are having similar issues. Just a thought. I DID book this flight.

Posted by
805 posts

I had the same issue with Easyjet, one card was rejected until we used another, strange but seems to be common.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks guys, exhausted all of my major well known cards and none of them worked. So i tried the lesser known ones and it worked.

Posted by
11507 posts

I too went throught this with Vueling, I emailed them and they said it must be my bank or card. My bank insisted it was not the card, nor was it them rejecting the transaction.
Kept trying for a few days, tried it mostly with my Visa, but also tried hubbys Visa( drawn at a different bank),, it rejected both of them.
Finally on like the 4 day or so ,, as I once again was trying, the charge just went straight through!!!
I too really wanted Vueling for a few reasons, I wanted the airports they used, and the online airline reveiws were good.

Posted by
127 posts

I see that Vueling is still a problem. I had some help from several of you on this issue a month or more ago...plus 2 different email suggestions from the vueling helpline. I even called their # in Spain...& was told they were unable to accept U.S. credit cards...even on the phone! Finally was able to book through wegolo.com. No clue why it worked with them & not with the airline's website...it was aggravating, as I had to pay a commission to book. However, like you, I liked the scheduling & the airports used (your route, but in reverse).