Please sign in to post.

Prague to Munich

Hi! We just booked a flight from the US to Prague for this November (3-17). We plan to travel from Prague to Munich, from Munich to one of the lovely small towns along the Rhine and then finish our 2-week trip in Amsterdam before flying back to the States. I'm looking for recommendations on (cheap and fast) trains between these locations. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Becky

Posted by
19638 posts

You can get your prices and find deals for advance purchase train tickets at www.bahn.com. The best way to get from Prague to Munich is the Deutsche Bahn Bus. (schedule and prices at previously mentioned website). Remember, the good deals are advance purchase nonrefundable, just like airline tickets. We are already 40 days out, so the deals will be fewer but still there. So get on with it.

Posted by
8091 posts

Many people spend the night @ Bacharach, on the Rhine River a little over an hour NW of Frankfurt. It's a quiet little place with good B&B's and restaurants. See the following for accommodations: http://www.bensbauernhof.com/accommodationsrhinemosel.html From Bacharach, you can catch a train thru Koblenz that goes straight into Amsterdam.
I'd strongly suggest you stop at Cologne for a night, however.

Posted by
19638 posts

Exactly, and when I checked last night, DB had 2 trains leaving Munich in the morning connecting to Bacharach for 49 euro for 2. And I second spending the night in Cologne (and stopping in at Pappa Joe's Biersalon).