Please sign in to post.

Dollar Car Rental at Paris CDG

Has anyone used Dollar Car Rental at CDG? If so, which terminal is the desk at? My pre-paid voucher (from Priceline via rentalcars.com) shows Terminal 1. But the map on the Dollar web-site shows Terminal 2. Of course my flight arrives at Terminal 3! :) I tried phoning Dollar's 800 number; but that was a dead-end. Any help would be much appreciated. Thx,
John

Posted by
8141 posts

Don't worry. When you get to CDG, you'll find Dollar RAC. I was going to tell you to ask at the CDG tourist info booth. But last time I went to such a booth, no one would speak English. Only in France would that happen.
Everything will work out for you, however.

Posted by
11294 posts

Here's the airport's official website page on car rentals: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/services/practical_services/Transport/car-rental.htm As you can see, Budget Hertz has multiple locations at CDG, including both terminals 1 and 2. It's likely that any of the desks would work, and they'll then take you to their lot to get the actual car. Terminal 3 is between terminals 1 and 2, and all the terminals are connected by the free CDG VAL (automated driverless train). Since terminal 1 is smaller, and there's only one Budget Hertz desk there, I think it would be easier to go there. So, you land at T3, follow signs to VAL and take it to T1, where you follow signs to the car rental desks. Map of the the CDG VAL is here: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/9fad5cb5-576c-4bea-bff8-5a78a1967818-ligne_CDGVAL.jpg EDIT: I kept typing "Budget" but I see you are renting from Dollar/Hertz. Glad you figured it out!

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you all for your tips. I e-mailed Dollar and carrentals.com and they both sent nice replies containing the details missing from the initial reservation. Their parent company is now Hertz; and they instructed me to go to the Hertz counter. One recommended Terminal 2D; the other one recommended Terminal 1. Sounds like T-1 might be my best bet, eh? Thanks again!

Posted by
11294 posts

I kept typing "Budget" but I see you are renting from Dollar/Hertz (post above now corrected). Glad you figured it out, despite my mistake!