Please sign in to post.

zermatt, switzerland

our son will be getting married in zermatt in september 2014. we will all be flying in to either geneva or zurich and will travel directly to zermatt by train for a 7 day stay in zermatt. we will be using all the lifts in the area for hiking an sightseeing. is the swiss card our best option? (four of us will extend our stay in zermatt for extra hiking and using the lifts again). we will all depart afterwards via geneva or zurich. thank you!

Posted by
20081 posts

Here is the offers for summer use of the lifts at Matterhorn/Cervinia for multiple days. Since these are private lifts/railways, not sure if the Swisscard provides any further discounts. Check with Swiss Rail or Zermatt for definite answer. http://www.zermatt.ch/en/page.cfm/p_sport_pass

Posted by
11507 posts

So you mean you are going to stay longer then 7 days.... Zermatt is very small.. I have hiked up to the Matterhorn hut, and hiked up to Gornegrat.. did some smaller stuff.. 3 days.. I guess I could see another 2 days..but once you get to the 10 day mark I would go numb. Its different though I suppose if you have alot of family events planned.. Enjoy your visit and I hope you get some nice clear weather.