Please sign in to post.

Train from York to London

Hello you train experts. I am looking to dropping the rental car in York and taking the train back to London.
Can you tell me the approximate cost of a one way ticket for two in their 60's - if there is a discount (concession)for older people. Would the train go into Heathrow or could I get a direct train in to Paddington Station? Is it too early to purchase a ticket or could I wait and purchase them upon arrival in London. Our trip will be 3 weeks long. Thanks. bonnie

Posted by
390 posts

If you go to www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com, you can find tickets for as cheap as £10/person. Buy them as soon as possible, as the cheapest fares sell out quickly. I believe you can now buy them through May, so about 3-4 months in advance. The train arrives at London King's Cross, but you can get to Heathrow on the tube without any changes. If you wait to purchase them in London, you could pay over £100 per ticket to York.

Posted by
525 posts

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't realize the tickets could be so high if I waited until getting to London to purchase them from York to London.
b