Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia train tickets

Has anyone recently purchased tickets from Trenitalia? Purchased tickets online several days ago. According to the purchase Interaction my purchase was successfully completed. An e mail was to be sent with "identification details of the trip". No e mail so far after 4 days. Pending charges on my credit card. Is there a period of time between purchase and confirmation/charges on credit card before they send details of purchase? The site is difficult to contact as they require pnr prior to contacting them! (This info should be in email which was not received) Thank you,
Janie

Posted by
32813 posts

The email is almost instantaneous. It will have your PNR, which acts as your ticket, and a report of your reserved seats. Did you register or do your purchase without registering? Express trains or Regionale? When is your trip? Did you print your confirmation screen which will contain your Recovery Code? Don't panic, there are many solutions.

Posted by
78 posts

Bought tickets without registering..have since registered but does not show any sign of ticket purchase. Travel from Monterosso to Milan 10/2. Yes printed reply that was sent which said finalized ticket at top but no confirmation code. " you have successfully completed your purchase. The identification details of the trip, pnr, and cp will be sent to the email. If you need to recover your purchase using the retrieval code in to the Customer. This code will allow you to send the co formation email, even on a new email."?? Appreciate the assistance. Regional train. Janie

Posted by
16333 posts

Two possibilities: depending on your email provider, the one from Trenitalia may have ended up in your spam folder. Check there. Or, since the charge is shown as " pending" in your credit card, it may not have gone through. Did you inform your bank (card provider) beforehand that you would be making a purchase from Italy? Registering afterwards is no help in tracking an earlier transaction.

Posted by
6898 posts

Janie, you may have your ticket. Regionale trains do not have PNR codes. They have 8-digit Ticket Codes. The Intercity ticket does have a 6-digit Ticket Code/PNR. What time does your train depart? Some trains are Regionale and some trains are Intercity. Some runs from Monterosso to Milan have both with a train change in Genoa.

Posted by
78 posts

Thank everyone for responses. E mail not in spam, received an e mail straightaway following registration. Credit card used issued specifically for travel and credit card company is aware. Train is intercity departing Monterossa 10:55 direct to Milano arriving 13:50. Checked with credit card company again the transaction was authorized however Trenitalia has not submitted the charges. Should I purchase the tickets again? The printout I received has no number on it. Thanks

Posted by
23286 posts

I would not purchase a second ticket until the credit card has canceled or rejected the first purchase. You do not want two sets of tickets. AND if it is a Regional train DO NOT buy the ticket on line. Just buy it when you get there. Regional train tickets are not discounted. The on-line tickets have restrictions.

Posted by
6898 posts

Janie, I would try one more thing before giving up. On the main Trenitalia page, there is a selection in the lower left of the large left red box called "Manage Your Ticket". You might be able to do something there. If not, there has to be some kind of ticket retrieval information on the email you received. If you have some kind of ticket retrieval information, you should be able to get your ticket. I hope you booked the 9Euro ticket if you are going to buy a new ticket. It sounds like you will be registered on the website for any new ticket purchase. Most of the problems with have seen with people not getting their ticket seem to be associated with people who want to proceed with the purchase without registering.

Posted by
78 posts

Again, appreciate all input. The ticket luckily was a 9€ ticket (x2). There is Nothing on the printed info I received to identify the transaction. The info printed verbatim as above is confusing. Also the tickets are discounted depending on time of travel and routes. The manage your ticket section requires an Identification code which I don't currently have. Presently I believe the solution is to contact the credit card company, have them deny the Charge and start over. Things are great when they work and not so much with wrinkles but so is life.
Happy travels all.