Please sign in to post.

Hiring a driver

We need to get from Burgos to Segovia on a Sunday, and from Sepulveda to Bilboa a week later, also on a Sunday. Looks like busses don't run on Sundays and we don't want to rent a car. How might we go about hiring a driver? Or is taking a train an option? Thank you.

Posted by
4181 posts

From what I could tell at the DB BAHN website, you can take a train on Sunday from Burgos to Segovia, but it goes to Madrid first. I also tried the ALSA website and couldn't find a bus route even when checking the "Query with no date" box. Getting from Sepulveda to Bilbao is more difficult and you might need a driver or taxi to Aranda de Duero for the bus. There appears to be one daily (including Sunday) bus that leaves there at 18:00 and gets to Bilbao at 21:30. For both experiments, I used 1 September 2013, but if you have your dates and they aren't too far in the future, you might try plugging them in. Good luck with the searching. You might find something better than I did.

Posted by
2 posts

This is very helpful. We'd rather not go through Madrid, but at least now I know the train is an option. Any ideas out there for how we go about finding a driver, either to go from Burgos to Segovia, or from Sepvulveda to wherever we need to go to pick up transport to Bilboa? I found some limo services but they seem more directed at business travelers with lots of money.