Please sign in to post.

Rental Car Drop off

Want to rent a car in Aosta Italy and drop it off at small city outside Rome so I don't have to fight Rome traffic. Anyone know a smaller city outside Rome that has a train station with most of the rental car companies connected to it or within walking distance so I can drop off car there and get on train to head into city of Rome. Thanks

Posted by
15899 posts

Rome Leonardo da Vinci International Airport at Fiumicino. The easiest place to return a car. The rental car returns are in one of the parking structures across from the terminals. Rome airport is 32 km from the city center and the freeway drops you right there. From the airport there are trains to Rome every 30 min and the travel time is ~35 min. Another option is Orvieto. There are some rental companies walking distance from the train station. From Orvieto to Rome the train ride is 70 min.

Posted by
2829 posts

It is very easy to drop cars at Roma Tiburtina. The end of the full-controlled access highway A24 is two blocks from the station, outside ZTLs, narrow streets and other pitfalls.

Posted by
12313 posts

I dropped mine in Rome at the airport then trained into the city. If I was doing it over. I'd drop in Orvieto the day before entering Rome, stay a night in Orvieto, then train to Rome in the morning.