Please sign in to post.

Brussels airport

I have two questions: (1) we will be flying into Brussels at 07:15 on a Friday morning. Because we need to make a train reservation,we are trying to determine if we will be able to get our luggage and get through passport control and immigration in time to make the 09:46 express train to Paris. If not, how long should we allow? (2) we will be returning to the USA from the Brussels' airport. How long in advance should we get to the airport? Thanks.

Posted by
12040 posts

If your plane lands as scheduled, that should be enough time to reach Brussel Zuid (where I assume you want to catch the Thalys train to Paris). I've flown into Brussels several times from the US, and I don't think the whole process has ever taken much longer than 20 minutes. The rail station is almost directly in front of where you enter the international arrival hall. Trains leave for downtown Brussels about every 20 minutes, and it will take you about 15 minutes to reach Brussel Zuid.

Posted by
1589 posts

" How long in advance should we get to the airport? Thanks. 2.5 hours before the gate closes. It is a fairly small operation & runs very smoothly. Expect to be profiled while in line if you are traveling alone- but they are both quick & polite during this process!

Posted by
2829 posts

I would take a later train, as your plane can be late.

Posted by
7 posts

Andre: thank you for your suggestion.