Please sign in to post.

Train tickets online

I'm trying to book train tickets for Sept. online the Rail Europe I can't print them off my computer that is not an option.The only option is to have them mailed.Is this company reliable? I tried going on Trenitalia and could not get the on line register to send me a password..We are traveling from Milan to Geneva ,then back to Florence and need reserved seats.

Posted by
23177 posts

Rail Europe is very reliable and very expensive. R Europe is a travel agency and not a train company. If you have not booked the tickets, work with Trenitalia. All trains except Regionale require reserve seats OR are you trying to get reserve seats with a rail pass?

Posted by
24 posts

Thanks I will try trenitalia again and call them if necessary.

Posted by
1174 posts

I've found it works smoothly if you register and join their website. You can practice booking tickets and you will get the full range of the schedule, unlike at RailEurope. You may not get the really inexpensive tickets for a journey in September since tickets go on sale 90 days prior to travel. Be sure you let your credit card company know you are buying tickets from a French website. You can likely have your tickets sent by email and you can print them at home. If not, you can fetch them prior to the day of travel at many places especially in Paris. Be sure and have the same credit card with you that you used to buy them or they won't let you retrieve them, no exceptions.

Posted by
6898 posts

Kirsten, I can easily see 4 trains from Milano to Geneve in mid-September on Trenitalia. I can see the fares and I can buy online right now. Here's a link to a picture of what I see. http://gyazo.com/a4038b02a0c054f81208e0892f4b9708 What it looks like you won't be able to do is print out the ticket at home. You will have to pick up the tickets at a staffed Italian train station. It says that you can pick up at the automated ticket machine. I believe the Italy machines still reads the USA credit cards.