Please sign in to post.

travel from Rome to Paris

I'm planning a trip to Rome in December (guided tour) with two free days to use anyway I want, I would like to know if it's possible to travel to Paris by train in one day.

Posted by
23282 posts

Yes, if you mean by day is 24 hour. It is not practical. Look at a map. It is a long ways. You could easily fly especially with one of the discount airlines. Are you coming home from Paris?

Posted by
11507 posts

Actually I strongly suggest you not use Ryanair because it uses Beauvais airport. Its 1.5 hours away from Paris, and requires you to take a train, then bus, then metro or bus to get right into Paris.. its almost 100 kms away. Look at flights on Easyjet or Vueling.. almost as cheap , and at least they use airports that are easier to get into and out of (Orly or Charles De Gaulle) Now, Ellen to make this two free days work for you , you should book an open jaw ( or multiple destination ticket) ,, where you fly into Rome and out of Paris, no backtracking.. it may be 100 bucks more but it saves you a lot of time and a bit of money backtracking.