Please sign in to post.

milan to florence

can't find any flights from milan to florence except going thru rome? help !

Posted by
9110 posts

There might not be one. It'd be a twenty-minute flight which would burn more gas in the climb than it would enroute. What's the train take - - a couple of hours? You'd spend that much time getting back and forth to the airports and going through the airport crap.

Posted by
521 posts

One hour 40 minutes on the fast train, from €19 if you can book in advance, €50 if you can't.

Posted by
77 posts

Train is 3:12 --- thinking of renting a car out of Florence - then driving to SG (3 nights). Want to do a bike tour out of Siena. Then on to Lerici for 3 nights. Have you been to SG or Siena? We were told to stay in SG and take day trips to Siena ???
Ever been to Lerici?

Posted by
3260 posts

The Frecci train is not 3:12, it is under 2 hours like Kevin said. you must be looking in th ewrong place for schedules. Try trenitalia.com. buy your ticket in advance to get that 19 euro price.

Posted by
415 posts

I took the fast train from Milan to Florence last September - quite a short ride - about 90 minutes as per previous poster. Much better than flying.

Posted by
77 posts

thanks much. I got my information on trenitalia.com (3:12) --- so must be looking in the wrong page on the site. thanks !

Posted by
33556 posts

You may have seen a slow regionale train. The Freccia will be way faster. Even if, and I'm only saying, if it were 3:12, with half an hour to an hour to get to the airport, 2 hour check in, half an hour in the air, and half an hour to an hour into Florence - at 4 hours for the flying experience even that slow train is faster than flying.

Posted by
2829 posts

High-speed trains between Milano and Firenze take 1h40 on direct runs. Check Italo or Trenitalia.