Please sign in to post.

Layovers

Hi there! I am going on a fantastic adventure in Europe, but I am stumped when it comes to layovers. I am going to be flying to London, staying for about a week, then flying to Florence. Most flights to Florence have a stop somewhere (usually Munich, Zurich, or Paris), and what I don't know is if I am going to have to go through customs during the layover. If I need to, I want to make sure I book with enough time to get through customs and security so I don't miss my flight. Please help clarify! Thanks!!

Posted by
9109 posts

As the UK is not a member of the Schengen zone, you will have to go through immigration at your layover airport, but probably not security (it depends on the airport). The connection times provided by the airline sites factor in the time to get through immigration etc. For Munich, and Zurich 1 hour is typically enough time to make a connecting flight. CDG Paris is probably one of the worst airports in the world for connections so best to steer clear. BTW, Vueling has a direct flight to Florence out of Heathrow. Air France has a direct flight from London City airport.