Please sign in to post.

flight from paris to rome

I am flying into Charles de Gaulle airport arriving at 9:45am. I need to fly to Rome that same day. I would prefer non stop if possible.
Which search engine is the best to check for flights?

Posted by
11507 posts

Look at Easyjet. book flight NO sooner then 3 -4 hours , you need to allow time to get through immigration /customs/ baggage claim/ then change terminals and possibly your plane may arrive late.. etc. Easyjet and Vueling offer best deals but I think only Easyjet is flying out of CDG. I have used the a few times and as long as you pay attention to the luggage restrictions you will be fine. Read the fine print.

Posted by
4085 posts

Can you go back a bit? If you are flying from Canada, try to change to a Canada-Rome ticket so everything is included in one price. The total price is often only a few dollars more and usually allow your luggage to be checked straight through to your final destinaton. Changing to easyJet, which does not connect to other airlines, means extra security measures, claiming your luggage and checking back in again (and easyJet now insists much of this procedure must be cleared on-line ahead of time.) I'm a fan of easyJet and currently hold a Paris-Rome ticket, but I'm spending time in Paris while you will be spending it only in CdG.

Posted by
8700 posts

The best search engine is skyscanner.com which lists flights by both budget airlines and national carriers. According to its website, easyJet doesn't fly from CDG to Rome. If you're willing to pay a very high price for one-way tickets, you can choose from several departure times on either Air France or Alitalia. Take either the 12:35 Air France flight or the 12:35 Alitalia flight. (It's probably the same plane.) If you want to allow extra time for the possibility of a late arrival at CDG, take the next flight on either airline which depart at 13:55. You actually can pay less by booking roundtrip tickets and throwing away the return tickets. If saving the most money is more important than saving time, make your way to Orly and fly directly from there to Rome Fiumicino on easyJet, departing at 17:50 and arriving at 19:45.

Posted by
11507 posts

oh sorry, yes just looked . Easyjet flys from Orly, as does Vueling, I have used both from CDG in previous years but looks like they have changed .. If you are flying with Airtransat I would see about changing flights to open jaw, but a lot depends on your dates.. A night in Paris might be a nice idea.. lol