Please sign in to post.

Car rental in Prague

We are going to Prague for the first time in November 2013. It is our intent to take public transportation to and from the airport and around the city center. But we are also planning at least two car excursions... one as a day trip to Terezin and one as a 2 day overnight trip to Auschwitz in Poland. We don't necessarily want to add more time to our car trips by having to head out to the airport to pick up a rental car. And from what I gather, packing a car anywhere near the city center is almost impossible (we are staying in the Jewish Quarter). So the question... is there any car rental companies in the city area accessible by public transportation?

Posted by
180 posts

Terezin is easy to get to by bus, if that helps you cut down on the days you need a car.

Posted by
2 posts

I'm aware of the the bus (and train) routes to Terezin, but we have reasons that we want to take a car. I can eventually get this info myself (after wading through page after internet page of third party's trying to sell me something at inflated rates)... but I was hoping that someone had something at the tips of their tongue about some car rental business in Prague town that I could do business with directly.