Please sign in to post.

Train stations in Paris

How do I get the Paris Gard d'est from Charles de Gaulle airport

Posted by
4684 posts

Get the RER to Gare du Nord. Gare de l'Est is in easy walking distance from there unless you have very heavy luggage or mobility problems.

Posted by
20230 posts

There is the #4 Metro line connecting them. Only one stop, but there is still some walking in the tunnels.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you're packing light, walking from Gare du Nord to Gare de l'Est is likely to be faster than connecting to Metro line 4. The walk will take less than ten minutes.

Posted by
9110 posts

Actually you can walk it with a Santa Clause sack of bricks in a wheelbarrow faster than you can get up and down the stairs and through the tunnels, let alone wait for the next train.

Posted by
42 posts

I will lugging a carryon size a roller bag, does it make sense to get a cab from Gare du Nord to Gare de l'Est?

Posted by
4684 posts

You'll probably spend as much time in the cab queue as you would walking, but if you don't want to pull it... The pavements are fairly smooth, but the most direct route is by an open air staircase that may be hard to carry a case on.

Posted by
9110 posts

Nope. Taxis have to wait in the ranks a long time. It's not fair to ask them to take a five-minute trip, if they would. Your last post is a bit unclear about how much you have, but the sidewalks along there are either seamless or have flat pavers.

Posted by
10223 posts

I, too, am pretty sure the taxis would refuse to pick up such a short fare after waiting in line. The walk is flat and very short. If you are loaded down, the harder part is going up and down levels to the airport shuttle and the RER. If you really need a taxi, you can get it at the airport.

Posted by
8293 posts

Carol, I find the easiest and definitely the cheapest way (under 5$) is Bus No. 350 directly from CDG Terminal 2 to Gare de l'est. It costs 3 tickets which you can buy from the driver (with euros) and takes about 50 minutes. Wait for the bus outside of Terminal 2A/2C, door A9, or Terminal 2B/2D door D11. You will see the sign indicating the stop, wait there and flag the bus when you see it. Runs about every 20 minutes. Usually the bus is empty with lots of room for your baggage.

Posted by
11507 posts

Carol I walked with my 11 yr old daughter from Gare d'Est to Gare du Nord. we are not particularily fit, and she was a child pulling her own bag...