Please sign in to post.

paris to amsterdam

whatis the cheapest way (one way) to get from paris to amsterdam
thanks,
Lou

Posted by
9099 posts

Thalys is the name of high-speed train service that connects Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. You can book cheap advance fare tickets at this site: www.thalys.com If the site asks you where you live or where you are picking up the tickets say "France".

Posted by
8700 posts

The CHEAPEST (33€) is a Eurolines coach. There are three coaches each day and one overnight coach, saving you the cost of a hotel. See www.eurolines.com. The site will switch to French after you choose France as your departure country.

The BEST way is the train. The discount fare to which Michael refers is called Smilys. It is a return (round-trip) ticket, but it is cheaper than a single (one-way) ticket. You must book as soon as the 90-day advance window opens to have any chance of getting a Smilys fare. Book an arbitrary return date and throw away the unused portion.

Posted by
8700 posts

I need to update my previous post. I just discovered that Thalys has introduced a new 25€ fare call Mini which is a single (one-way) ticket for select routes, including Paris-Amsterdam. Book at www.thalys.com as soon as the 90-day window opens. If you can get that fare, the train will be BOTH cheapest and best.