Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Airport

I am traveling from Paris to the US and have a 1 hour connect in Amsterdam.
Is this enough time? Will I need to check in again anywhere or just make it from one gate to the other?

Posted by
21028 posts

My experience is there is always additional security at the gates for flights to USA. If you bought it as a through ticket from a single airline, it is a "legal" connection, so the airline thinks you can make it. Not much you can do about it. Even if you had a 3 hour connection, something could go wrong, so there is no point in worrying about it to much. Que sera sera.

Posted by
11294 posts

Here's the video produced by the airport, showing the connection procedure: http://tinyurl.com/d8xlclk If you are traveling all on one ticket, you should get your boarding pass for both segments when you check in in Paris. Upon disembarking in Amsterdam, you would not need to check in again, but would find your new gate and go to it. You will go through passport control since you are passing from Schengen to non-Schengen, and then should have a security check at your gate. If you are checking luggage in Paris, you won't see it again until you land in the US. One hour is tight, but I see from the video that they have an express lane for passengers with tight connections. Don't be afraid to use it if needed.

Posted by
120 posts

Thank you both so much for your help. Yes, I am flying on one ticket. I am flying KLM from Paris to Amsterdam to the US. Thanks for the video link. After reading your responses, I feel more confident about the process.