Please sign in to post.

auto rental

Has anyone had expeerience renting from kemwel? Any problems? Any reason not to?

Posted by
9110 posts

They're okay if you need somebody to hold your hand to do something really simple. The draw-back is the back-and-forth for something that should take less than five minutes.

Posted by
34 posts

I am not sure I understand what you mean. How is Kemwel different from Auto Europe then?

Posted by
9110 posts

Sorry, I had them mixed up with Gemut Kemwel's like AE. You get a voucher deal which you give to the actual provider. The problem is that once you're on the road and have a problem the third party is out of the picture. The other problem is that you have to pre-pay - - so if the provider doesn't have what you requested your money is all tied up and you can't walk over to the next counter and ask them to match the deal. To cap it all, I just did a run on Kemwel and Kayak for identical cars for identical periods next week and Kemwel lost by a bunch. My understanding is that Kemwel will match, but then you're into the back-and-forth and can still potentially have the other two problems. For me to use a consoldator, they have to way ahead on bucks. I might have a different viewpoint, but my tail is sitting in a rental car somewhere in the world six months out of the year.